MAN 26.540 Coupler switch

A place to talk about modifications to the cab and body parts of trucks

MAN 26.540 Coupler switch

Postby Peter ng » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:36 am

Hi friends,
1. I came up to the coupler supplied by MFC-03 and found no place to fit the micro coupler switch. Do I need to install this switch ? 2. The Futaba receiver has no antenna to be connected. Is 2.4GHz wireless no need to be connected? Thanks in advance if any one can help.
Peter
Peter ng

Re: MAN 26.540 Coupler switch

Postby Peter ng » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:00 am

friends, Sorry to re-post
1. I came up to the coupler supplied by Motorized Support Legs and found no place to fit the micro coupler switch. Do I need to install this switch ? 2. The Futaba receiver has no antenna to be connected. Is 2.4GHz wireless no need to be connected? Thanks in advance if any one can help.
Peter
Peter ng

Postby RCRoadtrain » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:54 am

micro coupler switch?

ok, the electric legs option....
two parts there,
the trailer part has a switch mechanism that goes behind the towpin, and operates the leg's motor.

another part, goes into the fifth wheel itself.
here's where it gets complicated, because there are several versions of the fifth wheel's top plate...

the 'legs option' needs a fifth wheel which has an opening towards the rear, to allow the slider part to protrude enough to hit the mechanism in the trailer. (truck and trailer need to be in a straight line)

You also need the fifth wheel top plastic part that has provision for the small switch to be screwed inside the fifth wheel.
Do you need this switch?
Yes, and no. Yes, it makes a hitch/unhitch sound when using a trailer.
It also limits the drive motor's power in the lower gears when there's no trailer attached.
If you want to run the truck without the switch, then short the two wires that lead to the switch, to enable full power all the time.
There are some a
Richard in Sydney

Real Trucks bend in the middle! (better trucks bend more than once...)

http://malfunctioning.doesntexist.com
RCRoadtrain
Administrator

Postby ricm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:21 am

Don't use the Tamiya supplied metal antenna if you're on 2.4GHz.....only use it with FM or AM radios which are pretty much obsolete now (OK, you can still buy them but very few people use them....2.4GHz is standard now).

Follow the installation guide provided with the receiver - if no antenna wire, then it must be internal to the receiver so nothing to hook up.
ricm
The Mutts nutts

Postby RCRoadtrain » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:24 pm

Some Futaba 2.4g receivers have internal antennas..
R2006, R6008, etc.....

:-B
Richard in Sydney

Real Trucks bend in the middle! (better trucks bend more than once...)

http://malfunctioning.doesntexist.com
RCRoadtrain
Administrator

Postby ricm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:01 am

Peter ng wrote:friends, Sorry to re-post
1. I came up to the coupler supplied by Motorized Support Legs and found no place to fit the micro coupler switch. Do I need to install this switch ? 2. The Futaba receiver has no antenna to be connected. Is 2.4GHz wireless no need to be connected? Thanks in advance if any one can help.
Peter

You need to use the 5th wheel plate from the MFC kit, not the one from the truck kit or the support legs kit....this is the only 5th wheel plate which accepts the coupler switch (with or without support legs), and as far as I am aware it doesn't come in any other Tamiya kit.

the other 5th wheel plates which you get in the truck kits and support leg kits either won't allow any hop ups (ie, work with only the manual release lever as per standard truck build), or only allow the support legs hop-up

The spring you're looking for - is this the V-shaped spring as per other comments, or the coil spring which you need for t
ricm
The Mutts nutts

Return to Body/cab support