Scania Topline Conversion

A place to talk about modifications to the cab and body parts of trucks

Re: Scania Topline Conversion

Postby v8alan73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:20 am

Tech1_uk wrote:
ClassicTyro wrote:
Sounds like you're going to ask for your money back?

Well I don't really want too but he wasn't answering emails etc. As soon as PayPal made contact he mailed me.

The thing that gets me, is on the website the part is "In Stock" not "Made to Order" which is fact it is. Very unprofessional and goes agaianst every review on here which is nothing but praise.

Also if I get my money back what alternatives are out there ????

Cheers

Steve

I know I had a bit of trouble getting in touch with them I found the best way to get a reply was contacting them via the link on their site.

alan
v8alan73
Trucking Expert

Postby ClassicTyro » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 am

Also if I get my money back what alternatives are out there ????

True that. I've not seen any other topline kits other than the ones from Verkerk. Verkerk warns against buying cheap knock-offs, but honestly I've never seen those anywhere. You might try reaching out to some of our skilled forum members to see if they can custom fabricate you a kit. Some of the work they do is pretty amazing! Probably won't be cheap, but then neither is the Verkerk stuff! You could also just wait. That sucks, but maybe patience is the best thing. Verkerk did post a warning on their site about the delays and maybe they are just experiencing growing pains. If that's the case, then your order will eventually get filled.

I agree though. Companies should at least communicate delays and such directly to customers, especially if payment has already been made. Kinda' the same thing that happened to me with Topcad.
"Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls." -Stirling Moss
http://www.youtube.com/user/classictyro
ClassicTyro
The Mutts nutts

Postby Tech1_uk » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Another week on and still nothing.

It has now been 9 weeks since I placed my order. Totally shocking and very disappointed X( X(

Does anyone out there want to make me a Topline Conversion ? :-\

Cheers

Steve
Tech1_uk
Administrator

Postby mr spanky » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Robin did post on facebook yesterday regarding some people making dodgy copies of his stuff and putting them on ebay

will try and find it and copy/paste what he wrote on here
mr spanky

Postby mr spanky » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Dear International hobby friends

Scamming lowlife people, actively steeling our Verkerk Modelbouw business interest sometimes. They are making copies of our respected special parts, a fact like this just makes us sick!

Reckless and negligent these scammers are selling bad quality copies via international Ebay.de sites pretending it's theirs! …..How low can you go?...........
Last week a Mutual RC-Friend in Germany, pointed us out, a sick mind selling copies on Ebay.de again.
This time our driver and co driver figures are copied!

Time for an offensive action? Yes friends indeed!!
We do ask our International and respected hobby friends to buy these un authorized copies on Ebay.de but NEVER pay!!
You just claim not to make your payment because of bad quality matters!!
Guaranteed .....this won't less very long because even lowlife scamming people do learn from their mistakes fast, especially when they are cut by there own knifes.

Below you’ ll find the link to the mentioned Ebay.
mr spanky

Postby Tech1_uk » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks for that but there again is he any better ? Had my money for 9 weeks and nothing.

At the moment if a cheap copy does the job I will go with it. Least they can supply and post on time.

Also I have seen the copies on UK website ebay item 181218333579 but he doesn't have any left at the moment.
Tech1_uk
Administrator

Postby Tech1_uk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 am

We are now 10 weeks after i placed the order and still nothing. X( X( X(

I would like to know has anyone on here placed a order for a topline conversion since August this year and are either, still waiting for it to arrive or they have received it ?

Cheers

Steve
Tech1_uk
Administrator

Postby mr spanky » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Tech1_uk wrote:Thanks for that but there again is he any better ? Had my money for 9 weeks and nothing.

At the moment if a cheap copy does the job I will go with it. Least they can supply and post on time.

Also I have seen the copies on UK website ebay item 181218333579 but he doesn't have any left at the moment.

from what i have seen and read about these parts, seriously, do not bother!!!!!!

he was advertising a fully built truck with a topline roof, with a warning not to paint the roof or the mirrors :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
mr spanky

Postby Tech1_uk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 pm

I was talking about the Robin Verterk one.....

I'm so disappointed with him :(
Tech1_uk
Administrator

Postby mr spanky » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Tech1_uk wrote:I was talking about the Robin Verterk one.....

I'm so disappointed with him :(

no, you mentioned the one on ebay, and it is that one i was referring to ;)

mr spanky wrote:
Tech1_uk wrote:Thanks for that but there again is he any better ? Had my money for 9 weeks and nothing.

from what i have seen and read about these parts, seriously, do not bother!!!!!!

he was advertising a fully built truck with a topline roof, with a warning not to paint the roof or the mirrors
mr spanky

PreviousNext

Return to Body/cab support