Scania Fire Appliance (my first build)

Any Fire and REscue Vehicle. Land, Sea or Air

Re: Scania Fire Appliance (my first build)

Postby perry » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Yes mate I realised the mistake and was just about to say lol you beat me too it! looks like your having fun :D
perry
Trucking Expert

Postby forbesie2k » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Yea mate, loads of fun! :p

So your building the long Crewcab then?

Its so weird that out of all the forums in the land, the two of us are posting on here and were both building crewcab Scania's at the exact same time & they both modelled around the fire service! lol
forbesie2k
Extreme Trucker

Postby perry » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:50 pm

I sure am ;) the bigger the better ;) im new to all this (only just turned 19) at the moment im to scared to cut the cab! haha
perry
Trucking Expert

Postby forbesie2k » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:01 am

perry wrote:im to scared to cut the cab! haha

You and me both! lol

After getting my truck yesterday, I had a good look at the air vents for the front of the cab and I'm still a bit miffed as to how I'm going to do them.

I've just ordered (from the below named) a second chassis that Im going to use to extend the original one. So I cant wait for that to come in the post, as I'll then have a real idea of how long I want to make it.

Just been speaking to Gareth (Catmand11r) & he was saying he supplied you with all your extra bits too

Have you found a suitable lighting kit yet for your flashing lights?

BTW - I checked those lens samples that I ordered & the fit perfectly into the front grill. :p
When I get onto the comp later, I'll send you a link for the website I ordered them from.

Scott
forbesie2k
Extreme Trucker

Postby perry » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:13 am

Nice! I havnt thought too much about it if im honest ive been thinking about how to stick the two cabs together! I dont want mine to crack :(
perry
Trucking Expert

Postby forbesie2k » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:19 am

perry wrote:Nice! I havnt thought too much about it if im honest ive been thinking about how to stick the two cabs together! I dont want mine to crack :(

As long as you support it on the inside and use lots of glue down the joint, it shouldnt crack.

I'm ging to be using car body filler to fill in parts needing filled and may even fibreglass the joints on the inside for extra strength.

You can pick-up fibreglass matting and paste in hlfords etc or even online on flease-BaY :p

I'm going to head inside onto the comp as im on the trusty iphone just now. When I get inside, I'll post (quite) a few links up on here for you to check som stuff out like lighting etc....
forbesie2k
Extreme Trucker

Postby perry » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:31 am

Cheers mate :D cant wait to see :bounce:
perry
Trucking Expert

Postby perry » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 am

Loving that second link mate! im tempted to make my own lightbar now :D im slowly but surely making alot more work for myself! lol
perry
Trucking Expert

Postby forbesie2k » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:53 am

perry wrote:Loving that second link mate! im tempted to make my own lightbar now :D im slowly but surely making alot more work for myself! lol

Yea, but then again it's gotta be done.

This is my first 1/14 scale truck too, but I've been messing around with kits since I was born near enough.
forbesie2k
Extreme Trucker

PreviousNext

Return to Fire & Rescue Vehicles