Trommel

Trommel

Postby charlie jake » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:47 am

hi everyone,seen this (and a few others) on youtube,fancy trying to make something like this,have bought 2 Bruder conveyors from Amazon,treated myself to a hobby engine shovel (of which hasnt arrived yet!!) ordered some stainlee steel mesh (graded) from the bay
my problem is the motors for to drive the 2 conveyours and 1 to drive the trommel
to be honest i havent a clue as to what i need in that department,i was thinking of like a 9v motor but on like a controller were you can adjust the speed,from dump hopper have it running a bit slow,then onto a faster conveyor into the trommel running a bit slower

would be grateful of any ideas or pointers as to how i could get it working or where to shop for what i would need
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1hIdox ... re=related
many thanks nigel
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Re: Trommel

Postby donkey86 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:29 am

Very intresting look forward to seeing updates on this I wanted to make a screener and crusher a while back but never got round to doing this might just inspire me to do it
TRUCKS
Scania r620 8x6 rhd
MAN 8x8 Grab Wagon
Mercedes Actros Needs Building

TRAILERS
Carson Goldhofer
donkey86
The Mutts nutts

Postby charlie jake » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:35 pm

first update
made from 4' stainless steel pipe,FOC from a mate

also my bruder conveyors have arrived (will post pic up later when my wee men go to bed) along with the Hobby Engine shovel

so now the fun begins
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby charlie jake » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:10 pm

conveyours

charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby Scannymad » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

This one looks an interesting build! Good luck with it B-)
Scannymad
The Mutts nutts

Postby rebekah_harper » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am

Well I would search for geared motors on google images so you find roughly what you looking for.
Hcpgears have an abundance of gears so a couple of bevel gears would be easy to find there. Adjusting the speed is done through potentiometers, Maplin is very good for that.

I would add two things to what the video showed. V-shaped rollers which would give the belts a bit of depth and a 3 sided funnel on the hopper. Slant the grill to the Sid and add a slide into a container. Attatch the vibration unit found with th MFU to shake the grill of the hopper activated by a micro switch under a pressure plate so when you drive up with the dozer it start vibrating and shaking the the big stones of the side and down the Shute.

I have a vibration unit you can have.
rebekah_harper
The Mutts nutts

Re: Trommel,progress so far

Postby charlie jake » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 am

i have made a start

bearings fitted to the 2 conveyors & stripped down

had to go 'larger' for the trommel,my mate cut out each mesh part 150mm instead of 280mm,so went for this 6' sewer pipe instead,its not too bad eight wise now i have the sections cut out,next up cut & fix in the mesh
any comments please feel free,good,bad or other

charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby donkey86 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Looking good so far
TRUCKS
Scania r620 8x6 rhd
MAN 8x8 Grab Wagon

TRAILERS
Carson Goldhofer
donkey86
The Mutts nutts

Postby charlie jake » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm

cheers Donkey for the reply,its a slow process!!!! finding time with 2 small kids to look after,aluminium arrived today so i'll get to me shed tonight for a couple of hours & see how to build up a frame to hold the conveyors
another problem i have is on the conveyors,they had fitted a manual turn handle,so it leaves a rather BIG hole compared to the 11mm i drilled for the other bearings,if i try to fit a bearing over the end of shaft on that side it'll be 13mm inside DIA so that means probally 17-18mm hole on 1 side of the conveyor!!!!

trying to figure out how to connect up the 4mm shaft on the drive motor to the shaft on the conveyor
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby donkey86 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:29 pm

I know exactly what you mean I have a 4 year old and barely have spare time to build.
Keep us well informed on how you attach the motor iv been wanting to do a 3 belt screener for a while now and always wounded how to connect it.
TRUCKS
Scania r620 8x6 rhd
MAN 8x8 Grab Wagon

TRAILERS
Carson Goldhofer
donkey86
The Mutts nutts

Next

Return to Scale Buildings