tipping ramp

Re: tipping ramp

Postby charlie jake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am

firstly,sorry for the delay(*OMG Mickey mouse* rain) right so here are a couple of pics,have to do a slight mod as the underside of my scania touches the floor as you reverse,so im either going to insert another piece at the front or else make the ramp part longer with a shallower angle,any comments please feel free good or bad

charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby gaz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 am

looks good but i would put a stopper at the rear edge to stop the trailer rolling off the back.
flub wrote:Ill be honest Gaz if tamiya bring out the latest volvo with xxl gobstopper cab then i may be very tempted (cant believe i just admitted it that to Gaz of all people)

gaz
Trucking Expert

Postby schaumann » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:23 am

ooo such fun

looks great

gaz man when are u gunna get rid of that crappy red banner and put a proper one there ;)
schaumann
The Mutts nutts

Postby JAY-CEE » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:36 am

Yes stopper is a deffo, unless you have a wrecker that can recover trailers. :cheers:
JAY-CEE

Postby gaz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:58 am

schaumann wrote:ooo such fun

looks great

gaz man when are u gunna get rid of that crappy red banner and put a proper one there ;)

russ, id rather have a scania than turn to the halfwits that are mclaren...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
flub wrote:Ill be honest Gaz if tamiya bring out the latest volvo with xxl gobstopper cab then i may be very tempted (cant believe i just admitted it that to Gaz of all people)

gaz
Trucking Expert

Postby charlie jake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 am

right guys.............it aint finished!! thanks to 'riceboy' (andy) for putting ideas in my head!!!,im goin to make a bin/hopper,have a BIG sheet of 2mm aluminium just need to get my hands on a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade,then to try & make a conveyour upto a holding bin so i can then reload my trailer,maybe try to run the conveyour with a motor from 1 of charlies broken rc cars
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby M8WHR » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 am

Not tryin to be funny here mate, but as ive worked in the industry... Health and Safety would have a field day with you on that, no suitable bund or stop at the tipping edge, no guard rails on the sides, should be chevrons on the ramp and warning signs telling you that its a tipping ramp and not a place to park before going to the shop... Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very nice Mate.. Will be nice with an alu hopper..
M8WHR
Trucking Expert

Postby charlie jake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:42 am

must see if i can get my hands on a scale figureeen,will hang a camera round his neck,he'll be h & s man!!!!!,hand rails im going to do.a bund? is that not for liquids? yes there is going to be a stopping block (before the trailer ends up in the bin/hopper) as for chevrons didnt know that 1,thought that would be the usa kinda thing,oh nearly forgot the handrails will be mounted on top off side guards incase i loose control driving down!!!

you know you cant climb a ladder at work unless you have...........wait for it.........................................................................................................................a ladder awareness certificate!!!!! oh and a 3 day coarse to get it first!!! :lol:
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby Grumpy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Apparently our Constabulary Officers cannot ride push bikes until they've had a suitable course of instruction. :puker: :pukel:

I'd leave the model as it is----adds a lttle excitement to the operation. 8-)
Grumpy
The Mutts nutts

Postby flub » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Looking good mate gotta agree on that stop at the end of the ramp though :o
flub
The Mutts nutts

PreviousNext

Return to Scale Buildings