tipping ramp

tipping ramp

Postby charlie jake » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 am

hi,fancy trying to make a off-loading ramp & a 'bin' to empty my tip-trailer into,any ideas where i can start or get pointed inthe right direction??

cheers in advance
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Re: tipping ramp

Postby charlie jake » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:44 pm

charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby Brel » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:48 pm

I made a this bin from some off cut plywood and wood and is 510mm long X 330mm wide X 100mm high.
I am NOT drunk officer, I was just avoiding the potholes
Brel
The Mutts nutts

Postby Rusty-Tamiya » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Brel wrote:I made a this bin from some off cut plywood and wood and is 510mm long X 330mm wide X 100mm high.

I'm guessing you don't have cats :shock: :lol:
gaz wrote: "scania makes the worlds best trucks"
Rusty-Tamiya
Trucking Expert

Postby Brel » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Rusty-Tamiya wrote:
I'm guessing you don't have cats :shock: :lol:

yup, I live in a rented flat and pets are not allowed, so the sand is safe lol :D :D
I am NOT drunk officer, I was just avoiding the potholes
Brel
The Mutts nutts

Postby charlie jake » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:05 pm

as my wee man says............................kick the cat!!!! great when he goes to visit granny.......................she has a cat.................it now leaves the house when charlie arrives..............he's only 2!!!
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby riceboy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:38 pm

charlie jake wrote:as my wee man says............................kick the cat!!!! great when he goes to visit granny.......................she has a cat.................it now leaves the house when charlie arrives..............he's only 2!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Would be awesome to rig up some kind of pump or conveyor to take it up into a silo so ya can tip and reload . That would be nifty!

Might be a few ideas here: http://www.intechnikusa.com/heavy-duty- ... eders.html
riceboy
Advanced Trucker

Postby charlie jake » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32 pm

hi andy,did you watch the video?,the bin seems to go lower down,going by the blue scania in the background so there must be a conveyour from below the bin up to the hopper in the background,there is another video by someone else at this show SOMEWHERE on youtube,just cant find it,but it shows a lot more of all the layout for they have a crane with a clam-shell bucket loadind/un-loading from 4 of the hoppers,ummmmm nice idea about the belt/hopper,going to take a lot of brass & soldering to make a conveyor,then get it to run,cheers for the link,need to start looking for companys that make plant just to get ideas or pics from,how far out was you location on the map for here? for me if you go by the map i now live in randalstown!!!!!
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Postby riceboy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:57 am

Hi Nigel, I did indeed, one very smart looking red scania with a full set of wecohe alloys on unit and trailer... hmmmm nice. Would love a look at the other vid if you can find it. Would you be tempted to go for something that would reload your trailer? Think it would be awesome to see. I'll keep looking for links and fire them your way as i find them.

Lol!! i saw that, did you take offense? With me its not too far out to be fair, a couple of miles in it just, if you went by it i now live on a petting-farm/honda scrap yard :). Have you a thread up on here with pics of your wagon?
riceboy
Advanced Trucker

Postby charlie jake » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 am

just a wee update on the 'ramp',its now constructed :cheers: have just given it a coat of paint,will fill the screw holes/heads tomorrow then another coat of light grey paint(nearest i could get to a cement colour) measurements 12' wide ramp part is 35' long the i have a level piece 12'wide 33' long which sits 9' high,will post some pics tomorrow(if its not raining!)
charlie jake
Trucking Expert

Next

Return to Scale Buildings